SHIPPING FROM THE MANUFACTURER/DISTRIBUTOR
- All items shipped direct from the manufacturer are shipped FOB manufacturer’s and/or distributor’s site under the manufacturer’s/distributor’s customary shipping policies. Whatever shipping and handling charges are incurred by Sierra Victor Industries from the manufacturer/distributor will be passed on to the buyer. Freight quotations are to commercial addresses only in the lower continental United States. Residential deliveries and/or deliveries requiring lift gate service are subject to additional charges by the delivering carrier.
- If Free Freight is indicated for items shipped via common carrier, free freight is to commercial addresses only in the lower continental United States. Residential deliveries and/or deliveries requiring lift gate service are subject to additional charges by the delivering carrier.
SHIPPING FROM SIERRA VICTOR’S FACILITY
- All items shipped from Sierra Victor’s facility are shipped FOB Port Orange, FL.
- Sierra Victor Industries will make the final decision as to the best method of shipment to insure that the item arrives in good condition. This includes parcel carriers, common carriers, and open flatbed trucks.
- The purchaser is solely responsible for making all shipping arrangements. However, at the buyer’s request, Sierra Victor Industries will assist in arranging for freight. Sierra Victor Industries will attempt to provide the lowest quote possible. Any item that ships via common carrier in which the purchaser seeks assistance from Sierra Victor Industries in arranging freight, Sierra Victor Industries will recommend that the purchaser take the common carrier’s additional insurance for that shipment up to the item’s purchased value. If the purchaser waives the insurance, purchaser will not hold Sierra Victor Industries liable for any damages or claims made against the common carrier. It will be buyer’s responsibility to pursue any claims against said common carrier.
- All open flatbed shipments will be LTL (Less Than Truckload) unless otherwise specified by buyer.
SHIPPING FROM THIRD PARTY PREMISES
- USED items sold and shipped from a third party facility, are sold as is, where is, in place, unless otherwise specified, and it is the buyer’s responsibility to arrange for loading and shipping. Sierra Victor Industries will assist the purchaser when requested. All costs and risk of loss are born by the buyer.
- Items weighing up to 25 pounds will have a handling charge of $7.50.
- Items weighing from 26-75 pounds will have a handling charge of $15.00.
- Items weighing from 76 to 150 pounds will have a handling charge of $50.00.
- Items weighing over 150 pounds that require crating for common carrier will start at $75.00 and up, depending on the weight and dimensions of the items.
- Large items must be shipped on open flatbed truck.
- For items being shipped outside of the Continental United States, purchaser is responsible for providing a customs broker to handle the necessary documentation. Sierra Victor Industries will assist in securing a customs broker on a case by case basis.
- Risk of Loss (When Purchaser Pays For Freight)
Upon delivery to a carrier for shipment of an item to a buyer, the risk of loss shall pass to that buyer. Thereafter, the carrier shall be deemed to be acting for and on behalf of the buyer. The terms of payment for the equipment for the item shall not be affected by damage to or destruction of the item sold.
- Damages Re Free Freight: Any items shipped with Free Freight should be thoroughly inspected by the purchaser upon receipt. Should there be visible damage to the packaging or crating, the damage should be noted on the form the driver gives you to sign. If you fail to do this and upon opening the crate the damage is more substantial that it appeared to be, and you to wish to make a claim, there is little that can be done for you. If you receive a package or crate which appears to be intact and when you open it there is hidden damage, you have 15 days in which to contact the delivering carrier. If severe damage is present, call Sierra Victor Industries and refuse the shipment.
For more information regarding our other policies, please review our
Terms & Conditions page.